Sunday, January 21, 2007

What I Love

So, (this is how I start everything, with a "so", like everyone's been hanging on the edge of their seat, just waiting to hear what I'm about to say)today I've been thinking about what makes me happy. Number one, sleeping in makes me pretty happy. Music makes me very happy (I did a cover of Phantom Planet's "California" today, which I like a lot), and so does hot chocolate. Getting to know someone I haven't known so well in the past, just learning things about them, that makes me happy. Photography makes me really really happy. We did Dan and Erin's announcement photos today, at various locations, and they got them developed. I have to say, they rock. I was kind of nervous, having to take them, and this being kind of a big deal, but they actually turned out really really well. That makes me happy. Them being happy makes me happy. Which takes me to the next thing...knowing you picked the perfect gift for someone, I love that. It makes me happy when my opinion about something changes. Because that's when I know I'm getting better. I love a good workout, of any type. I love knowing that things can only get better. I love the thought of summer. That's hope.

And this is only one day.

Love, Jennifer

2 comments:

Hannah said...

yes. that is hope.

Morgan said...

"If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all. And so today I still have a dream."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

"The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."
-Allan K. Chalmers