Thursday, January 18, 2007

Crossing Borders

I went on a little trip to Borders last night, and I must say, I could live there. I probably walked around for like an hour and a half, just looking at everything, photography, poetry, biographies, fiction, music, hot guys who work there.... It's a great place to spend time. In the end, I ended up buying a photography book for my fazzah, and a cool new band for myself, Small Sins. They're electronic, postal service-esque, and great.

So, I just got home from my last swim practice of the season. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Kind of sad, kind of happy, kind of relieved. I wonder if I'll get bored now? My homework will be getting a little more attention now though, so that's probably a good thing. Speaking of school, I had a weird little reality check yesterday. Elder Burrow sent me an email because I finally emailed him, and he said something to the effect of "wow. your junior year is half over." I had to stop for a minute as I realized that, Wow, my Junior year is half over. Ah. Scary. I wish I could stay young forever. I was reading the cereal box this morning, and it had a list of things to do before you turn eighteen. The last was "turn eighteen. embrace old age." I'll be eighteen in a little over 8 months. I'm getting old :( Geriatric. Feeble. Ugh.

Thought for the week: Losing something is hard. Losing something you realize you never had is harder. Sometimes we assume that we have perfect things in our lives. Reality has no mercy.

Am I crossing over to the cynical side??

Love, Jennifer

2 comments:

Hannah said...

i'm getting scared of growing up like this. who likes growing up anyways? it just comes with more responsibility. but.... i have a feeling this summer will be THE BEST ever. hands down.

Morgan said...

I'm pretty sure that I love this blog in all its harsh beauty, as sad as it makes me feel. It is horrible to think about growing up though, I don't even want to acknowledge the truth of it, yet it seems I can't escape... There's an unexplainable feeling about Borders though, I'd have to agree. It's like a portal into any world you feel like entering at the moment.