Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Love from Ben G. and Jeb






So these three things sum up my next two weeks. (hopefully). I'll be leaving for my brother's wedding in minnesota tomorrow morning for most of the weekend, then on Monday I will be going to Girls' Camp for the week. And then, I sure hope, Friday night Besto and I and anyone else who wants to come should be going to the Straylight Run concert.

Something amazing happened to me on sunday. I was sitting around, doing a lot of nothing, and I get one of those fantastic calls from Britta, about a hypothetical visit from some hypothetical friends. And then, me being caught completely off guard, Britta and Berto came to visit me. And they had gifts, for absolutely no reason at all. I opened my cards, and read them, which made me smile a lot, because 1)i got a drawing and amazing card from berto, and 2)britta's card was freaking funny. And then they give me some sidewalk chalk, little mermaid stickers, and a 4-inch foliage which they named Ben, for DCfC's Ben Gibbard. And the thought came to my mind at that moment that I probably know some of the very best people on earth. Seriously.
Monday was Morgan's barbeque, which was a lot of fun. And I learned a lot about myself also. It was, for sure, one of those growing up moments that you look back on and realize you've changed a little bit because of it. And you know, that's not always a bad thing. It's kind of nice to realize that you're stronger than you think you are, and that with the bad always comes enough good to balance it out, if only you're willing to look for it. And I'm finding out that 95% of the time, that good comes in the form of people doing things they don't even realize they do. Like bringing me four-inch foliages for no reason at all. Or organizing a party in front of snoshack. Or buying me cookies for making them happy. Or a hundred hundred other things I can't even put into words.
So I'll see you all in a little bit. Keep up the amazing.
Love, Jennifer



3 comments:

Britta Nystul said...

Dear Jeb,
I hope you are having fun in Minnesota. And I hope Ben G. is doing well. I love you.
Love,
Britta Marie

Roberto Lerma said...

Ben G! haha....it's good to know that we made you happy, it makes me happy in return. Yes, we are strong Jeb, making it through crappy times like these. anyway.

Love,
Berto

Anonymous said...

Dang. Thats pretty awesome. Ahh I never know what to say to your blogs... but they make me smile and make me get good butterflies...

yep thats all i got.
I love you
Randalynn