Tuesday, May 22, 2007

a poem for a tuesday

I think we must be meant to fly


I think we must be meant to fly
Into the brightest azure sky,
For when the days are tight and dark,
It's then I feel my soul embark.

And when I've felt the greatest things,
It was because I'd used my wings.
And some days I just simply know
I've left my body down below.

And the greatest, freest part of me
Is farther than the eye can see
Deep inside the flawless sky,
I think we must be meant to fly.

And yet, it is to my disdain
To realize these legs are chains
That keep me to this concrete, tied.
Some days I cannot seem to fly.

I am grounded, reaching out
Towards the colors and the clouds
And wishing for so many things,
But most of all, for mended wings.

Until I'm finally broken free,
It's then I'll hear the symphonies.
And in the stillness of the skies,
I think we must be meant to fly.

I'm just a speck, so far away,
And soon it will be here I stay,
For I've become a piece of sky;
I think we must be meant to fly.


By,
And with love,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Britta Nystul said...

Amazing. I can't put into words how great this is. Or how great you are. I love you.

Hannah said...

this is amazing. i'm going to have to agree with britta. you are amazing. i'm glad we're friends. :)

Roberto Lerma said...

wow....that was a really good poem, no lie. kudos.

Love,
Berto

Kelsey said...

oh i love it! amazing. no other word for it but.... amazing!!!