Thursday, June 21, 2007

parents

Well, I guess I'm just in a quotey, not sleeping mood. I was watching Scrubs one night (I LOVE scrubs, by the way. dear everyone, someone should buy me like, every season of it! i'd marry you, no questions asked. lol) and it was this episode about parents and how hard it is for kids and parents to understand each other. it made me think and laugh a lot at the same time, which is exactly why i love this show. Anyone, one of my favorite quotes from the episode (and stealing britta's idea, also the quote of the day)...

Cox: You are, in fact, a perfectly healthy 26-year-old doctor who keeps whining about how horrible his father was.
J.D.: Well, he did some considerable emotional damage, so...
Cox: Every one of our parents does considerable emotional damage, and from what I've heard, it just might be the best part of being a parent. Now, if come guy ever does put a ring on your finger and you're lucky enough to pop out a youngster I'm sure you'll understand. But for now, believe me when I tell you I wouldn't care if this was the first time you ever met your daddy. Because, in reality... well, he could have done a much, much worse job.

And then the nice, quiet, somewhat inspirational background music that i love comes on, and the camera sort of pans out, and leaves all of america (or at least people like me watching tv because they hate to sleep) thinking about that. And about their own parents. And how....yeah....it could've been much, much worse. And that's when I'm glad to have the parents I do, the ones that embarrass me like you wouldn't believe. Because who else would've gotten me to where I am, you know? Yeah.

Love, Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha YAY for parrents.......sometimes....haha
with love,
the one who is too lazy to sigh in
ty ty

Anonymous said...

Yep. Embrass us like when my parents found out me and tyler were together. pretty much just saw from my neighbors house that we kissed goodbye...

then they yelled EWWWWW across the entire neighborhood. I bet even if you were listening... you could hear it.

Oh wow i still love my parents. haha

Love, Randalynn