Saturday, February 24, 2007

Wedding

So I just got back from a wedding, which was...not really what I expected, I guess. I've been to receptions and stuff before, but I've never actually been to the ceremony, and it kind of fell short, I'm sorry to say. I guess the only ones I've "seen" were the huge, expensive ones in movies and stuff, so that kind of warped my ideas on a wedding. It was small, and was beautiful in its own way, but not....magical. Lol, this is really lame, and I know it. But I imagine things in a certain way, but they aren't ever actually like it. Oh well. I really wanted the front row, because I knew I wouldn't be able to see if I wasn't close. I mean, honestly, you should've seen some of these people's hair! Huge! I settled into the "almost-front" second row, then watched. The bride was incredible, I must say, and the groom looked great too. I started to think about Dan's wedding, and decided I HAD to be in the front row, then realized with a shock that I'd be up there, in line. Ugh.

My grandpa rode with us, and he was worried about leaving my grandma alone for too long, so we left after the ceremony, so I didn't get any cake, which was kind of disappointing. Also, I never even got the chance to make The Toast. That's probably okay, because I'd like to be invited to more of my family's weddings. Ha.

Love, Jennifer

3 comments:

Morgan said...

oh man, why not toast the bride and groom the same way we toasted abe? haha, jk. i'm scared to go to a wedding for that same purpose. what if you don't feel the magic?

Anonymous said...

hahah so basically im just commenting cause randi is here now. yay ok goodbye {r@ndi}

Hannah said...

Dear Jeb.
I know what you mean by the less-than-magical thing. They aren't as fancy or as cool as they are in movies. i think movies screw with everyone. lol. They make life seem so magical. then again... perhaps life is that magical. lol. who knows.
much love.
Hammah