Wednesday, February 07, 2007

"amusing." not really.

I've found some recent events amusing, which would not be considered really amusing under normal circumstances. Nothing serious, really, but the "high school drama" stuff I thought I'd somehow avoided. Ehh, oh well. But, these little situations pop up, and I find all I can do is sit back and smile a little bit because (as Jack Handy puts it) "life's just funny." It's like I've finally realized that I can either get really upset by things easily, or I can take life as it comes, even when things suck. Cause that happens a lot. It's this defense mechanism I've developed, and I'm finding out that I like it a lot. I guess what I'm saying is, Why get bent out of shape about things? Disappointments happen. I just think that it's a lot easier to be happy when I don't let those things define me. It's seemed lately that a lot of people are depressed. Maybe it's the winter. Maybe it's the unusually cold winter. Maybe it's life making us more bitter. Maybe it's just us getting older and losing our optimism. I don't know. But all I know is, I hate it. Life's not going to be kind to anyone it seems, but that doesn't mean we can't be happy. Sometimes it takes some effort to find the good, but I'd say it's a lot better than the alternative. I think a lot of the time we forget what friends are. It sure seems like it. Sigh.

Love, Jennifer

ps---why my sudden optimism? things are just feeeeeeling goooooood.

No comments: