Thursday, February 22, 2007

givingup

I knew there had to be a catch.

This week was great. I was in the best mood, for a long time. Ah, it was great. Kind of changed tonight. Hope is the funniest thing. Nomatter how bad things seem, on paper at least, hope makes it okay to keep believing there is a better. I've been living, eating, and breathing hope. Nights like tonight, however, make it seem a little bit useless though. Life has this way of being exquisitely painful. And ironic. Some days, I wish I didn't feel anything at all.

Some day, when I'm awfully low,
When the world is cold,
I will feel a glow just thinking of you...
And the way you look tonight.

Yes you're lovely, with your smile so warm
And your cheeks so soft,
There is nothing for me but to love you,
And the way you look tonight.

With each word your tenderness grows,
Tearing my fear apart...
And that laugh that wrinkles your nose,
It touches my foolish heart.

Lovely ... Never, ever change.
Keep that breathless charm.
Won't you please arrange it ?
'Cause I love you ...
Just the way you look tonight.

Mm, Mm, Mm, Mm,
Just the way you look to-night.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

funny how i can relate to everything you say.

Morgan said...

this is a horrible feeling. a really deep valley in the series of mountains and valleys we walk through in life. remember that even the deepest of valleys can be beautiful in some way though.