Monday, July 02, 2007

Why Hello, Beautiful


Whew. Back from Chicago this afternoon. It really was an amazing trip. I realized that I really, really love cities. It was such a crazy, fast place, but I loved everything about it. The walking everywhere thing was sort of tiring, but I could get used to it. The buildings there were huge and riding elevators kind of sucked, but seeing skyscrapers everywhere was really new compared to everything flat here in Utah. The things I didn't exactly love where driving and the lack of stars. And not to say that I actually drove anywhere because I definitely didn't, but I would have been risking my life if I had! It's kind of strange to come home and drive around without careening or honking your horn all the time. And the stars....well, lack of.....that was the one thing that bothered me most, how it was so hazy there that you could only see a few stars every night. I kept thinking about Utah, and nights when it was so dark here you could see ridiculous amounts of stars. Overwhelming amounts of stars. And I really missed that.
But, all in all, I really love Chicago and miss it already. It is nice to be home though... and I definitely do not miss airports. We came really close to missing our plane this morning, and that would've really sucked. Airport security is getting really tight these days and the lines are super long. So, thank goodness I won't have to do that again for awhile. But, that also means my traveling is mostly over, which sucks. But that's okay, the city fulfilled all my wildest dreams, so it was probably a success. :D
Love, Jennifer

2 comments:

Michaelface said...

Ah Jeb. I am Incredibly jealous of your adventure to Chicago for I love the city too. I cant even imagine how amazing it was. But not being able to see the sky would probably bug me a lot. sounds like you had fun though :)

Anonymous said...

Quite honestly... I hate the city. The moment we got in the valley in California... I was miserable from the smog and such. But Im glad you had fun. It sounds like people are finally kinda starting to be home. Just a few more to leave and come back and we will all be here. Yay. :D

Much love to Jeb
Randalynn