Thursday, July 05, 2007

summer nights

surprise. another good quote from Goodbye Tsugumi.


"On nights like this when the air is so clear, you end up saying things you ordinarily wouldn't. Without even noticing what you're doing, you open up your heart and just start talking to the person next to you--you talk as if you have no audience but the glittering stars, far overhead. There are any number of negatives showing nights like this filed in the "Summer Nights" section of my brain....The knowledge that as long as I went on living I would always have chances to feel these nights made it possible for me to have hope for the future. Lovely nights like tonight....I knew this night would never be back, but that didn't matter. Just having the possibility, just knowing that I might find myself again in a night like this, in some other summer, was enough to make it all perfect."


As you can probably tell, I'm in love with this book. lol.


So tonight Hannah and Morgan and I (and probably (and hopefully) everyone else) are going to the farmer's market. yay. except for it's like three o'clock right now and 100 degrees, which is (as enano would say) ri-gosh-dang-diculous. anyway, i'm still excited.


Love, Jennifer

1 comment:

Hannah said...

so i really want to read this book that you keep quoting. it sounds really good. and farmer's market was amazing. :) pickles.