Tuesday, July 10, 2007

New Jennifer---this one's faking it.

So this summer I've been thinking a lot about college. And honestly, it's scaring me to death...I am not a decision maker. I realized this mostly last summer when I met for lunch with someone at Dairy Keen. And I hadn't ever really hung out with him, so he didn't know much about me, and he still told me I wasn't a decision maker. And this story is sort of beside the point, but he is so right. I'm freaking out, because when it really comes down to it, I am going to have a ridiculously hard time deciding anything. And these are important decisions here.

Somewhere in between all this decision making, I've started to realize that this doesn't fit. I shouldn't be deciding on COLLEGE stuff... I mean, it makes me feel mature or something, and I mean really, but that's so wrong. I'm not mature! I'm going to the midnight premier of Harry Potter tonight! I still put Nesquik chocolate powder on my ice cream, because that's just plain delicious. I sleep on my trampoline. I carry around playdough in my purse, just in case. This college decision making thing is completely wrong. I'm definitely not "grown up" so how'd I get to this point so quickly? Sigh. I may seem mature on the outside, but inside I'm still about twelve years old. So yeah, new Jennifer, and about the maturity, well, she's faking it.

Love, Jennifer

2 comments:

Hannah said...

you are definitely not the only one who's freaking out. i've definitely been freaking out for the last year or so about all of this college business. and seriously, how the heck did we get this old? when did it even happen?

Britta Nystul said...

I love my Jennifer. The one who packs around Play-Doh and makes me a castle when I ask her to. The one friend I have who understands guitar in the way I do. The one who plays Super Death Chess like a champ. The one who is far more amazing than I think she realizes. :)