Tuesday, July 31, 2007

sunrise and moonset. oh, and a really scary movie.

Bonjour,

So this is what I woke up at five forty-five this morning for. I'd say it ended up being worth it. My alarm went off, and I fought every feeling inside me to go back to sleep. After I quickly got dressed, I left a little note and rode my bike over to memorial hill. then i pedaled/walked up it. that thing is freakin long, lol. once i finally made it to the top, i sat around for about thirty minutes waiting for the sun to rise. for your information, it rises at about 6:40. anyway, at that moment I got this picture which i originally didn't think much of, but like a lot now!



the cool thing about this whole adventure was that while the sun was rising to my left, on my right the moon was just setting behind timp. and now I can say that I saw the line that divides night and day... sometimes the amazing stuff just overwhelms me, you know?


so today kind of ended up being a day of doing some nice nature things. after the sunrise adventure, i went home and slept for a while, then rescued hannah's family, who ran out of gas. :) lol. then I went to my grandpa's and hung up his laundry then talked to him for awhile. after that I went home, got lunch, then drove up to the grove, where I sat beneath this great old tree and tried to draw it. quite difficult....more so than it seemed anyway. but i did enjoy it. while I was there, about three deer wandered by. some were more cautious of me than others, but i did manage to get about two decent pictures. the weird things like that are making me happy these days.
tonight i went with erin, britta, and brady to the Jordan Landings to see a movie. Oh wow, did we get lost. Erin quickly took on the role of "yell person", britta the role of "being right but sometimes ignored", brady of "scapegoat", and me of "sitting there saying absolutely nothing." oh yes, I was also there for emotional stability of the group. It was decided that laws are made for people who know where they're going, and eventually, apparently because of my prayers, we made it there. and we were even in time to see the previews before, lol. we met brock, kylie, jacob ward, and his two brothers, and saw "1408". it was freakin' scary. i seriously screamed out loud like three times (i never do that), and was clutching britta's knee the whole time. but, it was a cool, if bizarre, movie. and we even made it home without incident.
that's all for now. good night to all.
Love, Jennifer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah the sunrise moonset sounds fantastic. Except I think i would be way to lazy to ride my bike... mostly from my house that would suck. Anyways... it sounds amazing.

Love,
Randalynn

Michaelface said...

i love reading your blogs. they remind me about the little things in life that i love and they make me happy. Im way jealous of all of your amazing outdoor adventures. I will have to join you on one sometime

Hannah said...

thanks for rescuing my family. haha. and that sounds pretty fantastic. too bad i'm in the pool every morning when the sun rises. haha.

Roberto Lerma said...

yay sunrises.

and you wouldn't have gotten lost if i had gone, either that or i would've been on Britta's side. Too bad i never get invited to anything. at all.

Love,
Berto