Wednesday, March 26, 2008

dreams and bombs

Update on dreaming: This is good. Really good.

I had a mostly lucid dream. I've realized that just when I'm waking up, my mind speeds up and plays little clips from all of the dreams I've had. It's like rushing through a movie tunnel or something. It's at this moment that I realize they were all dreams and I realize I'm about to wake up. Well, today, I was rushing through the tunnel, and I thought, stop. And everything just stopped moving and settled on one dream. And I totally went back into that dream and did so lucidly. I had to try very hard to hold onto everything; I knew I was waking up.

Sweet! But I must say, it was far less vivid than a normal dream, and felt kind of forced, but that could be because it was an exit-dream (from the tunnel), or also it could just be because i'm not good at dreaming lucidly yet. And also it lasted for maybe fifteen seconds before my mind gave up and I woke up.

But still, I'm really happy about that.

In other strange news, there was a bomb threat today, and the entire school district evacuated every school. There were fire engines, Hazmat trucks, news choppers, SWAT choppers, all of it. It was surreal. I felt very strange thinking about what it would actually be like if I were in a building and a bomb went off. What kind of instincts kick in in that moment? What do you even think about? Anyway, luckily nothing happened, and as of yet, I haven't heard that they found anything anywhere. Looks like I'll still have to go to school tomorrow. But looks like we're all safe, so I suppose that's much better anyway.

Love, Jennifer

No comments: