Thursday, March 01, 2007

days like today

I had a cool moment today. You know those people that you know, but you don't really know, maybe because you grew apart, or you're simply a totally different person from them, so it's not like your lives overlap all that much? I ran into one of those today, we'll call him AH. I was walking out the HS door to go to seminary, and he was coming in. He saw me, and held the door for me. As I walked by, I looked at him, and he had this huge smile on, which made me smile. He said, "How are you, Jennifer?" and honestly, I was like stunned, because he remembered my name, you know? So that was about it, you know, just one of those "moments" but it totally made my day. I felt like I was in an announcements commercial for the school, that's what it felt like. We haven't spoken for like two years, I bet, and we're nothing alike, but for the moment I realized we are exactly the same. High School is HARD. Nomatter who you are. On days like today, when life feels ugly, it's nice to know someone remembers your name.

2 comments:

Roberto Lerma said...

i do love moments like that, they're great. and yeah, high school sucks, but the little things like that make it all better.

Love,
Berto

Hannah said...

i've never really thought about that. i guess we are all the same in the sense that yeah.... high school is hard, and we all have to do it. that, for some reason, is a pretty comforting thought.