Monday, December 18, 2006

unexplainable

life is not measured by
the number of breaths we take,
but by the number of moments
that take
our
breath
away.
-unknown
I know the year's not over yet, but this is me getting that melancholy feeling I start to feel every end of every year. That's just me. I can't let things go. And I know that changing our calendars doesn't mean anything, but it feels like an end to me, and I hate change. I just don't want to let any of it go, you know? I'm the person who keeps every stub to every movie I go to with friends, and I take a zillion pictures, and I keep blogs like this going. Why? Cause I want something solid I can hold onto....I guess I want proof. Proof that my life really is what I think it is, that my memories are mine. I don't want to grow up. Because I LOVE LIFE. Do you ever feel just, really unexplainably happy about everything? I'm happy. But at the same time, I always wonder what's coming next. How will 2007 change me? I've hardly had a second to catch my breath this year, because it's all come at me so fast and so wonderfully. It was full of moments that took my breath away. I know you can't live in the past, but I need to keep in touch with it, I think.

3 comments:

Britta Nystul said...

I'm the same way. At the end of the year I am constantly thinking about what happened and if I made the right choices and where I'm going and stuff. I can definately relate.
Love,
Britta

Hannah said...

yeah. we can't live the past. but you're right... we do need to keep in thouch with it. sometimes i wish i could go back. but then i think about it... and maybe somthing completely and amazingly unexpected will happen to make us just as happy. who knows what 2007 will bring?

Kelsey said...

Jen, ive decided your blogs are truthful and pretty and just amazing. most definately. so ill pretty much be there in 3 days...