Saturday, December 16, 2006

remember when

I totally stole this idea from hannah's blog, but I liked it a lot, so here's my version.

Remember When...

We drove around the hotpot really slowly trying to figure out if "the plan" was going to work

We watched Ocean's Eleven. Haha. ..watched.

You finally kissed me and I don't even remember driving home, that's how happy I was. It was in the moonlight.

We played Pirates in the park all afternoon. Those are some of the best pictures ever.

I finally found out what it means to love someone.

We watched the sun set. We talked about Africa and birds that attack and then...that.

We found the song by accident. I have never written anything so truthful. Whether people realize what that song's about or not.

We sat on Kelsey's deck after everyone else left and just talked about what we're made of.

It all came crashing down. It was raining that morning. I lay in bed for the longest time thinking about what it meant. Neither of us could say...anything.

I checked off one of the items on my list. haha. you never even knew there was a list. I still have the wristband.

We used to go to "fairy keen" after swimming every night. Ranch burger with cheese, yours no tomato, and a slush every time. Our booth. The fishing net that held Morgan's dog.

We used to stay up late every Christmas Eve in one of our rooms, way too excited to sleep. You always woke me up.

We stopped at the far wall during one of Becka's workouts. You looked exactly like a gummybear, and I told you so.

We all realized that mothers and "My Humps" definately don't go together. lol. And erin's mom goes with "sexyback".

We sat in the basement and played Straight Up. I learned a lot, you dog.

We accidentally killed that California Condor in my car door.

And then I had a Snapple Explosion at the stoplight.

We totally used to use basketball games to get close to our crushes.

It was just the six of us. And we were tight. I really, really miss that.

You brought me a sunflower you picked on the side of the road while I was working.

All of you guys came to see me when I worked at Le Hub. I gave you all free fries. Lol. You left me a bunch of stuff. I still have it all, in a lime green envelope labeled "This is some good crap." It is good crap.

We stayed up for an hour or two in the hotel room naming all of this kind of stuff. The stuff that we miss.

You went on choir tour and called me every night. I think it was then that I started to love you.

We used to play the Question Game on MSN every time.

We invented Super Death Chess.

We first realized how much fun it is to go underwear shopping. lol.

We first hiked up the mountain to the top part. I think we talked about drugs, lol. I thought I would marry him.

You taught me how to play "blood brothers." i forgot.

We played "Sodom, South Georgia" in my room and sang. Yellow by Coldplay.

I first got my license and I totally drove into the barrier at Smith's.

"Swing Life Away" was our anthem.

We'd talked for like an hour every night on the phone. You refused to hang up.

We all played when the circus came this summer. I threw up. Lol. You took care of me. I got a new definition of love.

They gave us paper napkin roses at EFY.

We played SCUM in their hotel room.

The lady in the parking lot after Death Cab FREAKED out as I backed up. Then we got stopped in the canyon forever. I think she fell asleep.

We played on her trampoline, and lay there in blankets looking at the sky and trying to figure things out.

We filmed the first part of the "Willard" spoof.

We watched The Shining and ate like 42 otter pops.

It took a LOT of courage to give a Christmas present.

I fell in love for the first time.


I hope I never forget any of these.

Love, Jennifer

3 comments:

Hannah said...

isn't this the best thing ever? i love memories. i love you and all the times we have shared. some of these memories i was gone for. dang it. but everything else i remember. and i won't ever forget. ever.

Britta Nystul said...

Your list amazes me Jennifer. Hopefully we'll make a bunch more memories to remember, eh?
Maybe I'll make my own list.
Love,
Britta

Morgan said...

This is amazing. it's funny, i often get the same feeling of sadness yet hopefullness too at the end of the year. i love this list so much.