Thursday, September 14, 2006

Going on

Today was just one of those freak super-bad days. Like, you only have one of these a few times a year. I hate it. It's like nothing would go right, no matter how hard I tried. It sucks. I got the worst news. The worst thing you could do to a person? Crush their hope. I was happy it rained today though, it seemed to match everything else.

I was really surprised, I guess. All of this stuff happened, all at once, but I'm still here. I'm still okay, right? Something made me finish the day, something made me keep going although I really should've given up. What is that? Everyone has it. That extra something that makes people do miraculous things in terrible circumstances. A lot of the time that miracle is just that they keep going. What is that? I'm not saying that me not giving up was anything great, but when you think of the feeling in other situations, what it does for people, it is amazing. I'm not sure anyone could survive living a life unless there was something outside of them making them go on through those terrible freak days, or months, or years.

What will tomorrow be like? I don't even know. Maybe it will be better, but maybe I'll have two freak-bad-days in a row. Maybe. But I learned a little more about myself today, how something will push me on. Good.

Love, Jeb

No comments: