Wednesday, August 27, 2008

love/not so much

Here is what I love about college:
  • A really relaxed schedule. Three classes a day, max. The ability to choose whether I attend or not, no one forces me to do anything. Professors who don't mind when you show up late or leave early.
  • Having to exercise all the time. Walk, walk, walk. Biking back up campus is brutal and wonderful.
  • MEETING PEOPLE!!! I've been having these random conversations with strangers all over. While eating breakfast, at the bus stop, in the elevator on the bridge, everywhere. Really cool people.
  • Being exposed to all kinds of new. New faces and names, new cultures, new music, new ideas. Reading an essay about one student's love of writing as an art, a thing of absolute and eternal beauty.
  • Being scared. Because I know it means I am evolving.
Here is what I don't like so much about college:
  • TRAX cars that smell really bad. Enough said.
  • Not knowing where to find stuff. Haha. But I'm actually figuring it out pretty well, which is a feat for me. I usually have no sense of direction at all.
  • Having homework again. Sick. But predictable. Not even busy work.
  • Not knowing people. But this is two sided, because it's alternately this opportunity to meet lots and lots of people that are different from me and amazing.
  • Not being around people from Heber anymore. I miss you guys a whole freaking lot.
I will be home this weekend; give me a call!

Love, Jennifer

7 comments:

tyler said...

i'll be home too! lets all play on saturday!

Michaelface said...

I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend! This past week for me has been a giant meet-and-greet. It's been great and I've definitely had to step out of my comfort zone in order to meet cool people, but it's well worth it. I love meeting new people. And also, there is this Indian guy in my computer class who I definitely know you would like.

Leticia Chase said...

we all miss you too

Jennifer said...

ah, i really have a thing for indian men! haha is he good looking? can you bring him home with you?

Anonymous said...

play time this weekend!!!!


im excited!


its only been two weeks and i miss everyone a freaking lot

Roberto Lerma said...

lol at Jebby.

Come on, I'm kind of brown!

anyway..It sounds like a good time. College can be kind of weird, but I'm sure you'll be glad you had the whole experience. You'll have to show me around when I visit, k?

Love,
Berto

Nat said...

oh how i have missed you jebbifer!!!
you are the light of my life!
ha ha i am glad the U is treating you... semi nicely?