Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I am dreaming. I can do anything I want.

I have made progress in dreaming lucidly. I was talking with Morgan the other day about how I'd stopped trying for a long time because it's such work and because it made me so tired to keep trying. She convinced me I should continue, so I did. On monday, I kept telling myself, This is a dream. This is a dream. This is a dream. before I fell asleep so I would remember to recognize it.

In the dream I had, I was walking through this gravel parking lot sort of place, and saw a man standing there, so I began to walk towards him. As I was a few feet away, I thought to myself, I am dreaming. I can do anything I want. So I walked up to him and took his face in my hands and kissed him on the lips! I didn't really know him, and had no reason to do this, except for I've always kind of thought that if I realize I'm dreaming, and want to test it, I will kiss someone and see what happens.... so in this dream, it worked out. I knew I was dreaming! It was an insane, strange feeling. But I forgot to pay attention to the thought and it began to slip away.

This is the problem I always have, even if I do realize I'm dreaming, or get some glimpse of that thought, it takes a lot of concentration to hold on to it. Attention span in the dream world is significantly shorter than in real life! So holding on to the fact that it is a dream is like trying to hold water in your hands....it slips away, little by little in this steady stream, until soon you have nothing at all, and you've forgotten.

It's a big step, however. I can't wait until it happens again.

Love, Jennifer

2 comments:

Roberto Lerma said...

I have had a couple of lucid dreaming experiences lately, I'll have to tell you about them, cause they're kind of hard to explain.

Love,
Berto

Victor said...

Wow.. I envy your superior mindpower. That, for me, would be impossible to accomplish. But, in my dream, I probably wouldn't kiss another guy bahaha