Thursday, April 05, 2007

Diary of a Solar Addict

So I'm in a pretty good mood.

Thinking back on today, a lot of my time was spent lying in the sun! I guess it's true what they say about sunlight being related to happiness, and darkness to depression and all.

So here's how it went: This morning Morgan and I sat outside the school during second period with our faces to the sun. It was just a little bit chilly but still felt great. Mike Pelo was loitering around waiting for a ride or something, so he talked to us for a minute and blocked the sun from scarring our eyes, which I thought was very gentlemanly of him. Lol.

At lunch we all sat in the courtyard, and again I was lying there in the sun, except it felt perfect at that point...very summery. After enjoying those few moments and having knives (yes, knives) thrown at me, I went to English, where Alexia told me my arms looked reddish. Oddly, that made me very happy to know the sun was leaving a mark.

After school I was driving with Hannah after she FINALLY finished her English tests, and we decided to go to the park. The trip was originally intended to "plan" the weekend, but we ended up mostly venting and talking and wondering, like always. We sat on the grassy hill by the statue and rolled up our pants and sleeves and soaked in more of the good stuff. It was fantastic. And we actually did get the date planned, which I am now very excited about.

When I got home, I took my pillow, cellphone, and mp3 player outside to the trampoline where I lay in shorts and a tanktop for awhile. I had planned on taking a nap out there, but Dan finally texted me back from this morning, so we talked for awhile about date ideas and life and whatnot. I'm always really glad to hear from him. Also talked to Hannah about genius music and Morgan about people's inconsiderate...ness. Lol. And so I enjoyed the sun, and people I like, and lots of good music. AND, thank goodness for shuffle, I found a new song I like that I never even knew I had! Yay.

Feeling sad? Feeling hopeless? Feeling depressed, bored, stressed? Go sit in the sun! I must say it works. :D

Love, Jennifer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feeling sad? yes
Feeling hopeless? yes
Feeling depressed bored, stressed?
yes yes yes

Ugh... well... take me with you next time... i have no one to go in the sun with.

Sorta Love,
Randalynn

ps. do i like that one kid? yes
pss. does he like me? no
psss. *shoots self in head*

Roberto Lerma said...

bah, the sun is too bright. and pretty much what Randi said

Hannah said...

i am officially a spring break addict.