Monday, February 21, 2011

the slip.


I am a creative dreamer. I always have these grand ideas for projects, get halfway there, and rarely follow through. It's awful. A few months ago, after both ofmy grandparents had passed away, my family was cleaning out the house and splitting up all of their old things. I happened to visit near the end when there were just odds and ends left that no one else wanted. I found this really beautiful slip.


I tried it on and it became very obvious that it was from an era where women were TINY. It BARELY fits. But still, it was really beautiful, and romantic, and seemed like it had some amazing history to it, so I took it home with me. And now it just lives in my closet.


Maybe it's just dreaming, but I've really wanted to make it into something wearable. I envision it as a really beautiful camisole to wear under cardigans and sweaters, but I'm having a difficult time. As of now, it's too long for me, as I'm only 5'4''. Cutting it....I don't want to ruin it! But I do want it to be something. Any ideas?


Love, Jennifer


1 comment:

Morgan said...

ooh, maybe you should bring it over and we can try pinning it up to see what it would look like shorter. i have a really good sewing machine!