Saturday, October 17, 2009

saturday

10/17/09





Today turned out to be one of those days that is inexplicably wonderful for really no reason at all.  After sleeping in (and in and in...) and hanging around the apartment for awhile, I set off for Liberty Park.

I love Liberty Park.  I really do.  Besides the fact that it is HUGE, I just really like the idea of having a little haven in the middle of Salt Lake City where people flock to when they want a bit of an escape.  As of yet, I have found nowhere in Salt Lake where people are so happy!  Or anywhere so peaceful.  Or where rollerblading has been revived so well.  Ha!

Today's highlight was the medieval swordfighting group.  It was awesome.  While walking around, I found this huge group of people all dressed up in costumes and holding foamy swords and shields, enacting a huge battle.  It was so great.  And quite complicated.... I wasn't there long enough to figure it out but they had these complex rules to follow...very impressive.  And as I was leaving, I heard one of them yell "Gandalf!"  :)

In other news, I saw Where the Wild Things Are last night.  It was not at all like I expected.  I'm not sure exactly what was off about it, but I left the theatre feeling a little disappointed and quite confused.  The plot was just really strange, but the monsters were freaking awesome.  Which is all that really matters, I guess.

Love, Jennifer

No comments: