Thursday, October 22, 2009

I would like to talk about something...

It is pottery.  I do not know what has happened, but somehow I have regressed to the point of being able to do NOTHING!  It started out much this way but after a little struggle I conquered the idea of making a cup (which, apparently, is the absolute easiest thing to make ever.  apparently).  And then it happened, that little bit of self-sabotage I unfortunately let happen now and then.  I got just a little bit too confident in my "abilities."  Now I am knocked back to my senses by the newest assignment, which is "tall things" which by the way, I am not so good at making!  In fact, I'm kinda terrible...which does nothing for my desire to keep trying, although I know I have to.  If I could do this all in secret, I feel I might progress along much more quickly, because I'm not afraid to try, or to mess up, when no one's watching.  And here's the root of the problem, I believe...my expectations are generally WAY too high for myself.  And I hate, hate, hate failing at things.  I can't live with it.  Which is helpful in that I'll struggle along until I no longer fail, but extremely detrimental in that I have no patience until I get to a better place.  It's kind of ridiculous when you think about it, because COME ON!, we're talking about pottery here!  Anyway...I felt a little vent might be helpful because I have exactly 56 minutes until I have to leave to catch TRAX to make it to, yes, pottery.  And I'm tired of feeling frustrated about it.  Well that's all I'll say about that.

Speaking of, I best hurry and finish this as to leave time for some vegetable-scarfing before I have to go.  I went on a fruit and veggie shopping spree the other day, more of a sincere apology to my body than anything else since my diet has degraded lately to something I'm kind of embarrassed about.  Turns out chicken nuggets and taquitos don't cut it for a week straight...or more...  Granted, I am one of those college students, but considering my extreme interest in a career in Nutrition, shouldn't I know better?  Yeah, I definitely should.  Take this as my rededication to a better life.  And the result of MSN and their catchy little articles on health.  Or whatever.

Love, Jennifer

No comments: