Thursday, October 16, 2008

garden state.

Last night I watched Garden State with Natalie, Britta, and Berto. It was a nice movie, but one quote stuck out to me.

"You know that point in your life when you realize that the house that you grew up in isn't really your home anymore? All of the sudden even though you have some place where you can put your stuff that idea of home is gone. You'll see when you move out it just sort of happens one day one day and it's just gone. And you can never get it back. It's like you get homesick for a place that doesn't exist."

It was kind of this weird moment where I was like, "whoa. I think that's me." I don't feel like I really live in my parents' house anymore, but I'm not really sure if I live in salt lake either. And the more I think about it, instead of gaining more of myself by going to college, it's like I've lost the old person. And now I'm trying to pick up the significant pieces and make myself. It's....bewildering. I don't know who to be because I don't know what's important. After 3+ years of trying to figure this out, you'd think I'd have an answer. I don't. I can't even remember who I was when I left.

Love, Jennifer

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

note to self: stop being so dramatic.

Roberto Lerma said...

Haha, Jebby, I would definitely take your "dramatic" thoughts over most people's any day. They make me think.

Love,
Berto

Jennifer said...

haha. well thanks berto. :)

Nat said...

oh jennifer...
that quote is indeed striking..
yes, i do think we need to watch the film over again reasons being:
1: i reached a point of complete unconsciousness
2: some of us weren't in the mood
3: we need to watch it as much as possible.. its that entertaining i promise.
ha ha well i love and miss you lots.
--tree girl.