Saturday, November 24, 2007

Saturday Night Poem Time

This one's something like a riddle. :)


It is lovely, lacking, sparing,
Stark and clear and flatly bound,
Once gave pause and cause to think
If existence has a sound.

Once an arm and fist of green,
Once a sentinel of old,
Once an eye that saw it all,
For now a silent world I hold.

I'm to place my thoughts and words
On this tiny, wary screen?
On this wise and thoughtful soul;
On this living, breathing thing?

I think I lack the aptitude
And confidence of what is mine
To scribble on this piece of earth,
To write upon the bones of time.

And so I'll leave it blank, or yet,
I'll leave it as it always was,
To sit and without speaking it,
To testify there's more than us.


Love, Jennifer

2 comments:

-Travis Moulton- said...

i have no idea but the poem sounds good

Jennifer said...

it's about paper.