Tuesday, February 17, 2009

wrinkles.

February 17, 2009.

I was talking with a (new) friend of mine about getting old. She said she'll be the woman who continues dyeing her hair forever and gets Botox to smooth away the signs of age. She doesn't want any of it. I was just thinking....I can't wait to be old. To sit on the porch with the love of my life, holding arthritic hands. I can't wait to have grey hair and wrinkles and laugh lines. I want, as undesirable and embarrassing as some people might find it, to see the proof on my face that I
lived.
That I worked and I laughed and I learned.
And that I have the wrinkles to prove it.



Love, Jennifer

PS--Happy 300th post. :)


2 comments:

Roberto Lerma said...

I totally agree with you on that.

Aw, arthritic hands :)

I'm almost to my 100th post. haha. Dang. I'm gonna end up blogging a lot this year, you watch.

Love,
Berto

Morgan said...

Mmm, wrinkles are beautiful. Botox is not. I can't decide between having long flowing white hair or buzzed white hair :) both seem elegant in their own way