Saturday, June 28, 2008

plummeting


Skydiving is something that I've always thought would be really cool (I mean really, really cool...) and just a little bit crazy, and I've come to the decision that I have to do it. And I'm serious! I think this will count as my irresponsible use of graduation money (as dictated), and will be one of those incredible, priceless life experiences that I need to have. When will the time ever be better to experience life than at the present?

Pope Paul VI said, "Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows."

That is why I want to jump out of a plane and fall through the sky. Because I am dying; because we are all dying; because even if I live to be a century old, I only have 81 years, 2 months, and 28 days to accomplish, feel, and experience everything I want to on earth. And that is far, far too little time.

Love, Jennifer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch the Bucket List.

It definatly has to do with this.

Much love, Randalynn

-Travis Moulton- said...

Life only lasts so long. You never really know what will happen next.

At six flags I did that thing where you lay down on this harness and they pull you up in the air and then let go of you....its probably the closest thing to skydiving I will do but it was pretty awesome.

Roberto Lerma said...

I'd totally go with you, by the way. If it's gonna be anytime soon, though, I won't have money. Dang you college!

Love,
Berto

Morgan said...

nice picture :)