Monday, April 28, 2008

sun moon stars rain

So Prom was last weekend, and I must say, I had a lot of fun. I'm not sure exactly what it was....Garrett was a fantastic, and we had a really fun date, good food, excellent DJ (for once!), lots of dancing....but I've been on a lot of others that had some or all of these things but didn't leave quite the same impression. I think I'm finally figuring out what this whole high school thing is about, which things I want to remember, which things don't matter at all, the memories I want to have, all of that good stuff. It took me 4 years to decide! But I guess what they say about only appreciating what you have when it's gone is probably true. I can feel time ticking away and it kind of makes me nervous sometimes. I am absolutely ready for the next stage of my life, but I've been happy. I've had so many good memories and met so many good people, it's hard to accept the moving on part of it all.

Anyway, there's my little sappy thought for today.


Today was an exciting milestone for me. I actually turned on the AC in my car! The weather was pristine and warm and wonderful. It gave me hope that there is spring after winter and summer after spring.

I had an interesting dream the other night. I dreamt that I fell in love with someone I know, someone who I never would have really thought about like that, but somehow it still made perfect sense in this dream. Absolutely perfect. It wasn't an especially profound dream, but it kind of made me think about life and how unpredictable it is. How sometimes what it serves is absolutely unexpected but can be better than you would've imagined. It makes me think of "sound of settling" by death cab when it says "...all the loves that could've been, if I'd only thought of something charming to say..." That's all.

wow. why do I kept slipping into this sappy, deep thought process? I am annoying even myself. Haha. Better stop.

Love, Jennifer

3 comments:

-Travis Moulton- said...

that is a really good lyric. I always think about all the people I could have come to known and may have missed out on...You never know who will change your life next.

Morgan said...

i still think you should have told him... :)

Roberto Lerma said...

Jebby, that's just how you are. Always with the deep thinking, even if you don't want to! And I did tell you about my dream not too long ago...right?

Love,
Berto