Sunday, January 13, 2008

Mis Pantalones!

Herlo, Od Pepson!

So I got some really cool, but really intimidating news this morning. I awoke to the sound of multiple doorbells, otherwise known as Hannah texting me a long text. Apparently there are still swimming type of people who wake up before ten thirty, unlike me. Anyway, she told me that if I want to, I can become nationally certified in cueing sometime close to this summer. And THAT means that I'd be able to get a freaking awesome, really good paying job for college. Do I want that? yes. very much so. But then I thought about it, how I'm not actually all that great at cueing. Actually, how I'm really quite bad at it.

This is all part of that weirdo thing that goes on in my mind every so often, mostly when I get out of my comfort zone at all, or when I try anything new, or change anything, or realize that I have a lot of work ahead of me. It's the "give up now!" voice. I hate that thing. But then I thought about it more. And I thought about how the only things I've ever regretted have been things that I did not do. The times when I was too afraid to try something, those have been the ones I really wish I would have. The worst I can do is fail at something, right? So "brand new resolve" Jennifer showed up and I decided to go for it. A whole bunch of work? Oh, definitely. But I will never be able to regret not trying.

So there's my inspirational moment for the weekend. It was a good one, by the way. Thursday night I went to the pasta party at Creighton's house, and remembered how much fun those things used to be. Friday night, I hung out with Morgan and Brady doing silly, useless things which actually turned out to be entertaining in their own way. And Saturday, I went to my dear friend Natalie's house for a birthday fiesta, which was a lot of fun. AND, I got to watch three movies (two of them new!) and read half a book. AND I got two new CDs, both of which I like a lot, although I must admit, Sufjan Stevens gets the award for quirkiness. It was a good weekend for media. Ha ha.

Love, Jennifer

Don't you love fresh starts?

1 comment:

Hannah said...

herlo! haha. we should start practicing cueing sometimes. haha. that way, it will be easier when we start going to those workshops and crap. woohoo. but you know, all that work, totally worth a terrific paying job at the U. Oh yes, and you'd be an employee at the U, so you'd have lots of discounts and stuff for that. forget to mention that part.