Saturday, March 26, 2011

Festival of Colors


On Saturday I went to the Festival of Colors at the Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork. It was pretty awesome. The festival is a celebration of, generally, the triumph of good over evil and a welcoming of spring. Everyone had bags of colored powder that you throw on each other. There was dancing and awesome food, and generally a really good feeling among everyone there. I took this video from the balcony of the temple during the second color throwing. I love the way the colors look!

When you're in the middle of everything, the air is so full of colored powder, you can't see anything in front of you! You emerge covered head to toe in every color...it took me about 5 washes to get it out of my hair. Haha. I'll definitely be doing this again next year :)


Jennifer




1 comment:

Morgan said...

I forgot that I would need to enter your new domain name into my blogfeed! No wonder I didn't see this update. Awesome video :)